I'm Back

Ramo

I just got back from a business trip/hog hunting trip in S. Texas. That's why I haven't been on here for over a week, here is a photo of some artifacts we found over our 5 day hunting trip down near Cotulla TX.

post-40-1204056631_thumb.jpg

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

"Lots of stuff" actually some of it probably isn't anything, but if it looks out of place and "worked" we usually pick it up. Does anyone have any info about points from this area? (age, tribe, etc.) Most are tear-drop, or triangle in shape very few have any kind of notching.

-Aldo Leopold

Bowkill

You could be looking at Covington blades and Early Triangular points. How many hogs did you kill? Got any pics? Cotulla has tons of pigs. I've probably taken 30-40 from that area alone, up to 4 a day. Best meat on earth if you ask me, especially the shoats and sows. In fact I may try to schedule a hog hunt for this spring.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

The hunting conditions weren't good. It was super calm, and hot. We had a hard time closing the distance. (We all hunt with recurves and longbows) There were 5 in the group, and we killed 3 hogs and one 5' rattlesnake. I did kill the biggest hog I have ever got this trip (tooth wise, not pound wise) Here is a photo (You can't see any teeth in the photo, but they were 2" out of the gums.)

post-40-1204083850_thumb.jpg

-Aldo Leopold