Finding Appropriate Layer

fishman

So, I may be searching for fossils in a quarry soon. It is dug out quite deeply from what I've seen, and I need to find the Pennsylvanian layer. I've heard there is a coal seem if this can be used as a guideline. So, where would I find this layer so that I can find all or the plant and footprint fossils down there? Thank in advance for the help.

So, I may be searching for fossils in a quarry soon. It is dug out quite deeply from what I've seen, and I need to find the Pennsylvanian layer. I've heard there is a coal seem if this can be used as a guideline. So, where would I find this layer so that I can find all or the plant and footprint fossils down there? Thank in advance for the help.

It will be 13 1/2 feet down on the north side. I am sorry fishman can't help it some times. It would help if you could tell us were the quarry is located state county ??? plus any other info you may have. Do you have a geo map of the area?

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway