Legality of fossil hunting in North Peace river

Cam28

Believe I'd heard somewhere it's illegal to hunt north of bowling green, or at least there's less fossils? Also heard someone had hunted near Bartow many years back.. so many questions marks here but I know hunting in the state park boundaries is not legal 

The restriction also applies to State Conservation areas and if you look at the Peace River paddling map, there is allot of protected area north of Heard Bridge Road. Jack (  @Shellseeker ) said he's tried around Bartow, so maybe he will chime in.

• I found this Informative 5

21 hours ago, Sacha said:

The restriction also applies to State Conservation areas and if you look at the Peace River paddling map, there is allot of protected area north of Heard Bridge Road. Jack (  @Shellseeker ) said he's tried around Bartow, so maybe he will chime in.

Ditto on protected areas.

I went to Bartow a couple of times and put in at the city park. It is a very isolated area with few/no access points between Fort Meade and Bartow. I went downstream 3-4 miles. There was LOTS of sand and almost no gravel. It would be reasonable to have some method of propulsion due to long distances.

About 1 mile below Bartow,  the river bottom was covered with blackish flakes from artifact manufacture. I wasted a couple of hours trying to find a completed one. On a 2nd trip, I found small diameter gravel about 3 miles down and picked up 15-20 small shark teeth and this one interesting fossil. 5c5af544ae0fb_photo1.thumb.JPG.5c30e3618c3216e69eb42c6a8ed2ce58.JPG

I had a couple of more long prospecting trips making the run between Bartow and Ft Meade park trying to locate a reliable source of gravel.  My gut tells me that there are gravel and fossils there, but I had too many reliable locations south to spent any more time chasing the possible.  

• I found this Informative 3

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"