DavidG

• New Members

I am new to the site and was excited to find such a wonderful site dedicated to Paleontology & Fossils. I recently was excited about a purchase I had made in reference to some Dinosaur Eggs. they where supposedly from an older collection and where from a well established auctioneer. I am now wondering if they are real. I will post some photos, since I would like to know any opinions on them form the true experts.

The three where:
1) 5 Therizinosaur Dinosaur Eggs partial nest

2)  Duckbilled Dinosaur Egg

3) Partial Nest of Five Oviraptor Dinosaur Eggs.

Duck.jpeg

Overraptor.jpeg

Therizonsaur.jpeg

Dino egg.jpg

raptereggs2.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

Hello, David, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco.:)

Lovely lot of eggses! 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

• New Members

Thank you for the warm welcome and also your expertise. I was a little nervous on the eggs, since I  did see the articles on the fake one being produced.

• I found this Informative 1

14 minutes ago, DavidG said:

Thank you for the warm welcome and also your expertise. I was a little nervous on the eggs, since I  did see the articles on the fake one being produced.

Hardly eggspertise. 

I'm not too knowledgeable about these, though Hampton's Doc seems to know his stuff. 

However, I've seen plenty of these, real and fake on this forum and elsewhere, and these look good to me. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Welcome @DavidG and wow, those are impressive! I would agree with @HamptonsDoc, they are most likely real although I do see at least one yellow flag but that is it.

For information on your eggs I would recommend reading this if you have not already:

• I found this Informative 1

The fakes are getting so good nowadays that I always 2nd guess myself even when I think an egg is real.  I was thinkin how good all these eggs look and was happy to see HamptonsDoc chime in with his oppinion.  He's the eggspert here.  :)

RB