New Fossil Forum T-shirts Needed?

Scylla

Has there been a recent TFF t-shirt thread? Last one I saw was 2012. My boys are now taller than I am and the old shirts don't even fit their big toe anymore. My shirt held up well for all the abuse it has been through, but I have that seven year itch for a new color. Anyone else interested? Link to last shirt thread

• I found this Informative 2

I would love one to support the forum and wear a TFF tshirt while out collecting! Unfortunately I wasnt on the forum in 2012! 

@Cris

• I found this Informative 1

Yorkshire Coast Fossil Hunter

30 minutes ago, Scylla said:

Has there been a recent TFF t-shirt thread? Last one I saw was 2012. My boys are now taller than I am and the old shirts don't even fit their big toe anymore. My shirt held up well for all the abuse it has been through, but I have that seven year itch for a new color. Anyone else interested? Link to last shirt thread

This is something that Cris was behind. He has been tremendously busy of late, but we can ask if this is something he would be able to do.

@Cris

1 minute ago, TyBoy said:

That is this thread. :headscratch:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Everyone please keep in mind that the only way this happens is if @Cris approves and organizes it.  Additionally, please respect his ownership of the Fossil Forum name & logo.  :)

• I found this Informative 9

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

14 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Additionally, please respect his ownership of the Fossil Forum name & logo.  :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

• I found this Informative 3

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I do love the membership's enthusiasm! Always have.
The problem with names and logos is that asserting ownership is the only way to maintain control. Cris has to sign off on any use, or they could slip into the public domaine.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

On 2/23/2019 at 11:56 AM, JohnJ said:

Everyone please keep in mind that the only way this happens is if @Cris approves and organizes it.  Additionally, please respect his ownership of the Fossil Forum name & logo.  :)

On 2/23/2019 at 12:46 PM, Auspex said:

The problem with names and logos is that asserting ownership is the only way to maintain control. Cris has to sign off on any use, or they could slip into the public domaine.

Of course :fingerscrossed:

On 2/23/2019 at 11:46 AM, Auspex said:

We don't want that by any means. We have worked to hard as a community to allow the name of TFF to be sullied by the general populace.

I wouldn't want someone running around using my name doing substandard fossil preparation... oh wait, maybe that's a bad example. :P

herebedragons.jpg.1e6e93a6e70bc59e6b9e959caa175b6d.jpg

• 1 month later...

I would love a t-shirt. I would buy one for sure. I've so appreciated the help of everyone on here, it would be great to be able to support the fourm! 

• New Members

Count me in as well. Possibly a fundraiser for this most excellent forum

If we produce T-shirts with "Brachiopod Forum" on them, we shouldn't be violating anything. 

If so, i'm in! :D

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

19 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

If we produce T-shirts with "Brachiopod Forum" on them, we shouldn't be violating anything. 

If so, i'm in! :D

But the pool of wearers would be significantly reduced. :P

1 minute ago, Ptychodus04 said:

But the pool of wearers would be significantly reduced. :P

Not if one crosses out 'brachiopod' with a felt tip and writes 'fossil' over or above it in marker pen. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Just now, Tidgy's Dad said:

Not if one crosses out 'brachiopod' with a felt tip and writes 'fossil' over or above it in marker pen. 

Ahh, I totally missed that obvious piece of the plan! :default_rofl:

1 minute ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

You heard it first from Adam. If you want a Forum T shirt you might have to create it yourself. Just do not try to sell any. 

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.       

All kidding aside, create any shirts you want, just avoid the use of the Fossil Forum....  :D 

8 hours ago, JohnJ said:

All kidding aside, create any shirts you want, just avoid the use of the Fossil Forum....  :D 

How about, The remains, impressions, or traces of an organism of past geologic ages preserved in the earth’s crust Forum?

Sorry, couldn’t help myself. :P

4 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

How about, The remains, impressions, or traces of an organism of past geologic ages preserved in the earth’s crust Forum?

Sorry, couldn’t help myself. :P

Use a skinny font.  :P

New t shirt slogan.

TFF: our rudists are the nicest!

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.