OH what We will do to find some rocks!

ynot

Dum spiro spero. :fingerscrossed:

(While I breathe, I hope.) 

• I found this Informative 1

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Well, 3 more days of digging.

The first 2 days We followed a thick, but narrow, vein with lots of vugs. But alas there were no big vugs or crystals.

On day 3 found nothing.

We decided it was time to call it for the season and did what was needed to fulfill the forestry services requirements.

Thank You all that hung with Us on this adventure.

• I found this Informative 3

Sounds And looks like you had a great season though! Congratulations and thank you for taking us with you on you hunt!

3 hours ago, ynot said:

Well, 3 more days of digging.

The first 2 days We followed a thick, but narrow, vein with lots of vugs. But alas there were no big vugs or crystals.

On day 3 found nothing.

We decided it was time to call it for the season and did what was needed to fulfill the forestry services requirements.

Thank You all that hung with Us on this adventure.

It's always a little sad having to call it quits, but I probably would have made the same decision. Thanks for taking us along with you. It's been a very interesting trip.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

I’m sorry to see your exploits are coming to an end! Even though the end of the season was a bit of a let down for you, I think you had a great one! Thanks for taking us along for the ride. Can’t wait for next year! :) 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

It's been an interesting ride. Would love to see some photos of your nicer pieces once you have time to sort through and photograph some of them. Looking forward to chapter 2 next season.

Cheers.

-Ken

Looking forward to a summary of your best finds.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

• 2 years later...
On 11/17/2019 at 11:27 PM, Randyw said:

Sounds And looks like you had a great season though! Congratulations and thank you for taking us with you on you hunt!

On 11/18/2019 at 1:56 AM, Ludwigia said:

It's always a little sad having to call it quits, but I probably would have made the same decision. Thanks for taking us along with you. It's been a very interesting trip.

On 11/18/2019 at 6:50 AM, FossilNerd said:

I’m sorry to see your exploits are coming to an end! Even though the end of the season was a bit of a let down for you, I think you had a great one! Thanks for taking us along for the ride. Can’t wait for next year! :) 

On 11/18/2019 at 12:20 PM, digit said:

It's been an interesting ride. Would love to see some photos of your nicer pieces once you have time to sort through and photograph some of them. Looking forward to chapter 2 next season.

Cheers.

-Ken

On 11/18/2019 at 7:29 PM, Mark Kmiecik said:

Looking forward to a summary of your best finds.

Well it has been 3 years since I started this thread, and I kinda dropped the ball. 

One month after the end of the dig, My Father had a stroke and took 8 months to pass. He needed 24/7 care for that time.

His passing made a big change in My life. I sold most of My collection and had to quit the claim. 

I can not post the requested pictures as I no longer have the crystals.

Thanks again for the interest in this story.

Kind regards,

Tony

• I found this Informative 3

My Father also succumbed to a stroke. Took me many years to pass through the grievance steps but now live a much healthier life as I frequently relive the great memories we had together. My sympathies go out to you and your family and hope the "steps" will pass rapidly.

Mike

• Thank You 1

I wish you the best in your time of grief. I know the feeling.

• Thank You 1

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

Sorry to hear that, Tony.  At least you got to do it when you did, and I'm glad to have received my little piece of the hoard. I hope you go on to have more great exploits henceforth.

• Thank You 1

Tony and your double Ynot, I’m so sorry about what happened to you. Every day is enough for your pain, so go at your own pace, with all our friendship.

Coco

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 2

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Pareidolia : here

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...