Tucson 2010

old dead things

Is it too early to see if we can set up a meeting place or meet for supper for fossil forum members and friends for Tucson 2010?

I plan to be there. Anyone else?

Jim

Old Dead Things

Too far away and too crowded for this old fossil, though I am clear that the opportunities abound at that show. I have friends who do it every year - as vendors and as buyers. They are better at handling big cities and big crowds than I though. I hope that those who do go enjoy it though. :)

I thought I'd get more responses to this thread.

Old Dead Things has been thinking (sometimes I think too much) about having a picnic and Old Dead Things will supply the main dish. Will free food get more of you there.

We (Old Dead Things) always have a cream can dinner at the fish quarry every summer. Just to maybe whet your appetite..........how does brats and vegetables steamed in beer tickle your tummy? (steaming removes the alcohol)

Remember this is just a thought and hopefully I'll generate some thoughts from you. Perhaps those in attendance could bring a regional dish from your area.

Jim

Am I correct that it is January 30–February 13?

It's too soon for me to commit, but I would sure like to!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I can't afford to go next year, how I envy you! I read most of the journals about Tuscon on the Bob's Rock Shop website, and darn if they didn't make shopping for fossils and minerals sound like great fun! I would love to visit the Stone Aquarium booth, I saw their website and their pieces are works of art, truly worthy of the clever name Stone Aquarium:)

Good hunting (for great deals and good friends) in Tuscon!

Gerard

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bump this up, but now that we are a little closer anyone else besides myself and 2ynigo and Paleo2k planning on being in Tucson? I should be there by Feb. 2 or 3.

Jim

Old Dead Things

This will be my first time. I am flying in on the 5th and flying out on the 8th.

I've tried talking 3 friends into going... nothing yet.

Last friend will let me know by this Friday, if he doesn't come then I'll have a full size car and a room at the TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport all to myself...

Loch_Nessie and I are on the fence. We totally can go and really want to however we have a wedding in 2 months and we know if we show up in Tucson there clearly will be money spent!

People have said.."just go to look, you dont have to buy anything....."

HA. We all know how well that normally works out.

I would be there for sure if I could. However, that is just a lousy time of the year for me to travel. It is a good thing I don't know anyone who is going.. So many of Bob Carroll's bugs to choose from... :)

Anyone who might be there between the 5th and 8th and would like some Blastoids (Pentremites Robustus- West Virginia) and Crinoids (Dolatocrinus- Devonian, Alpena Limestone, Alpena, MI) PM me... Let me know what else you are into, I have other fossils I am getting rid of.