Mystery Black Tooth/claw Found On Beach

jonkypros

• New Members

Hello!

Found this extremely hard black tooth/claw looking thing on the beach. It's 1-3/4" and has three holes at the top.

Thank you!

PICT0103.jpg

PICT0102.jpg

PICT0098.jpg

Hello!

Found this extremely hard black tooth/claw looking thing on the beach. It's 1-3/4" and has three holes at the top.

Thank you!

PICT0103.jpg

PICT0102.jpg

PICT0098.jpg

It looks like a seed of some tropical plant. I've seen something like that before but can't place it now.

Not sure about that one, but it does look rather seed like. You may want to try the hot needle test just to check to see if it is rock. It could be, all I have are pictures to go by. ;):)

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

I'd agree with the seed ID, either that or an elongated constipated moose scat that someone did the hot needle test too on the end of it:)

• New Members

It looks like a seed of some tropical plant. I've seen something like that before but can't place it now.

Thank you! I wiggled it around a lot until I felt something moving inside! Definitely a nut/sea bean!

You're right on; it's mangrove.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

You're right on; it's mangrove.

You sure, Chas? 'Cause I saw this movie in the late '60s and...well, just lock it up. :ph34r:

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ