Baby dinosaurs

Kimberly RM

3 hours ago, Kimberly RM said:

E46DFC36-B4B1-4D2B-8B7A-B92878DC442C.jpeg

This one is a bit too out of focus to attempt an ID.  The next photo is what we call a shell hash - containing various marine invertebrates.  Generally, where were these found?

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I only have my IPHONE to use... and I am having a hard time figuring out how to properly work everything.. quick question.. what is difference in the website you just sent me and where we are now???

B7721442-8017-4F36-8055-84DF7B15449A.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Kimberly RM said:

I only have my IPHONE to use... and I am having a hard time figuring out how to properly work everything.. quick question.. what is difference in the website you just sent me and where we are now???

I-phones can work fine. Take pictures in daylight, and include something for scale. 

There are different sub-Forums here on the Forum.  Member Collections (linked above) is where you post items in your collection to show them off.

Fossil ID is for identifying the items you have found. 

Fossil Preparation is for topics concerning freeing fossils from surrounding matrix, and cleaning them off. 

There are many different ones for different topics concerning fossils, and rocks, and artifacts, although we do focus mostly on fossils. :)

I hope that helps.

• I found this Informative 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png    VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015       MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg        IPFOTM -- MAY - 2024   IPFOTM5.png.fb4f2a268e315c58c5980ed865b39e1f.png

_________________________________________________________________________________
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

HI Kim- 

I am one of those experts you mentioned in one of your posts.  I work in a museum in Wyoming and have dug up lots of dinosaur material all over the world.  I have to agree with others here that unfortunately these are not bones.  Shape is important but texture is even more important.  But don't be discouraged... learn form this.  

I just want to say that you might have tough time finding a local expert who has the time to come out and see what you have found.  We so-called experts have jobs and are pretty darn busy.  It might be best to bring a few to the local museum there in Glen Rose.  Or even further afield somewhere where they have someone who works on dinosaur bones.  (I have never been to the Glen Rose museum and do not know if they have anyone who knows bones.)  

Cheers

jpc    

• I found this Informative 3

None of these I have seen are dinosaur bones but you have some nice pieces with marine fossils in.

• I found this Informative 1

In the photo you posted of the bins of rocks I can see a few ammonites and a lot of other marine fossils. So, even if you have no dino bones, you do have quite a collection of fossils there. 

Your iPhone is fine for taking pictures. Get online and Google "how to take good iPhone photos" and read and watch a few videos. Look for the ones with info on close-ups or the word "macro".

Most of all, don't forget to have fun. Don't let it become a task.

• I found this Informative 1

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

Mark THANK YOU!! What you can see is not even 1/4:DOH: I have been in love with rocks for as long as I can remember!!  Back home in West Texas I was all about the polishing rocks. We moved to Glen Rose about five or six years ago and just this past year have I really started to notice fossils and what I thought were bones, and I just have a huge passion and absolutely have  worked bringing these to my garage from the pasture as if it was a job! LOL  I seriously feel there is a bone in here somewhere LOL I have a little bit of everything I seriously mean everything all kinds of stuff. Thank you for the advice on photo taking. I will definitely look into that. 

220E905C-3AE6-4F13-A037-8678B65DC9E4.jpeg